Earth Day🌎⚡️✨🌿

This semester the EdTech class was intense, and Earth Day was the climax.

The days before earth day were also intense. The build-down of the dome, load of the cars, the night printing before Earth Day.

It all built up to that early and windy Saturday morning in which after a few moments of confusion, it started to flow and make a lot of progress regardless of the really scary winds who were the elephant in the room and nobody would say it but it was true: our things will fly anytime and we’ll all be very screwed up.

With that said I’ve never seen more team work since I played fĂștbol when I was in school. Moving the dome, building the dome, resolving each other’s issues, putting up the posters, finding tape, anything was valid, everyone was helping. Even JosĂ© helped through FaceTime. This fun fact was kind of unnoticed because SO MUCH was going on but honestly… that is kind of the epitome of what this class was… a collaborative effort physically present in New Jersey in conjunction with online audiovisual internet telecommunications for our projects sake. It’s just hilarious that happened, I’m surprised but I shouldn’t, welcome to Anezkas’s and Tammy’s EdTech Class.

I spent most of the time inside the dome because I was deeply afraid the wind was gonna push the tripod with the mirror, or even just move it and compromise the experience. It was definitely a fun experience, specially at the most crowded moment of the day we had a couple of screenings filled with kids who would be so engaged with the projected experience that it made the screenings feel short and of course, they included claps at the end of each show which was just heart warming. Also an old man who said he worked for the Hudson Estuary or something like that and found the experience of the dome really important and with a big relevant message.

I think overall the experience was highly memorable, regardless of all the troubles, the weather, the time and the stress to have every project be functional. It was definitely something I’ll never forget and a learning experience of team work between kids, adults and in-betweens.

Of course in the end what had to happen happened…

Cheers for the Earth, Education and Tech.