Week 2 Title Goes here

As I write these words, I wonder if it is week 2, week 3 or next week week 4 already? Weeks are passing quickly but that should not deter from me addressing the scheduled homework:

1. Many of the entries are very detailed. I don’t know what ELA and wingspan subjects stands for. It’s interesting to see that many young students’ favourite subject is Science. Back when I went to primary/secondary/high-schools the favourite subject would’ve likely been Physical Education for most. I’m finding many of the answers quite interesting too keep my input modest. There are many that made me think that ‘oh my, these kids figured out major stuff of the world!’ but there is also much idealism happening, which I guess is good.
  2. I wonder why solar panels are not as effective as ‘conventional’ power plants.

I wonder why humans decide to migrate to a world of concrete (cities) instead of settling in the rural areas by nature?

I wonder why does natural world not quite cope with our progressively increasing consumptionism?

(these are 3 example ones, now as to the links that were presented:)

I wonder how much energy does a household draw?

I wonder how much energy can be saved by turning off machinery that is not used constantly but remains on standby for most of the time?

I wonder how much energy do contemporary TVs draw?

I wonder where do all the 1.8 trillion garbage come from?

I wonder if it is possible to clean up the oceans in an affordable way?

I wonder how much does it cost to create the world’s largest ocean cleanup and who’s paying for it?

I wonder how they created this video for the largest ocean cleanup?

I wonder if the oysters feel comfortable in New York?

I wonder how clean our harbour can be if the oysters come back to New York/New Jersey?

I asked around what my friends think about the question: ‘where do all the 1.8 trillion garbage come from?’

None really have known. So I did a straightforward research and googled the questions, after which the following pops up:

Well, the first link that pops up is the following: https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/science/2018/09/07/great-pacific-garbage-patch-where-did-all-trash-come/1133838002/

And it is said that ‘the garbage patch’s trash comes from countries around the Pacific Rim, including nations in Asia and North and South America, said Laurent Lebreton of the Ocean Cleanup Foundation.’

Why is that?

There are more details that follow but all in all, it seems that most garbage comes from the most populous developing countries.

Why is that?

Well, they focus on production at the lowest cost without taking under consideration the impact it is making on the environment (that is my assumption).

1. Reviewed! I have some concerns in relation to the affinity diagramming module, other than that the material looks good 🙂
  2. I have a Mouse Create account and all good!

I added the contact information to the sheet and put a picture of myself (it’s a bit old but I don’t think my appearance changed much in the last few years)

Writing a few thoughts:

Weeellll, I’d consider waiting 25 minutes for the elevator to bring me up on time to class to some degree memorable but other than that, I feel that the narrative tools presented are a very powerful tool to convey a message or a set of messages. I personally enjoy a variety of media that embed a strong narrative in conjunction with other features, I usually prefer a set of audio-visual cues. I did know of the hero story technique, although did not quite use it that often, I don’t believe it should be so rigidly followed as good stories don’t need to (in my opinion) follow such tight constrains. If they did, there would be no innovation and all of a sudden every second movie being released would be considered cliche (now that I think about it, every movie could probably now be considered cliche. Perhaps that’s why I don’t go to the movies or play video games anymore?).

I did however really like the level of originality presented by each pair in case of the stories being told, I think I recall one of the alien destroying earth and our coffee cup, which I was surprised I managed to tell in a somewhat fair fashion.

Also, why is the map below on the post creation site showing Houston? (WordPress, we have a problem? Bad pun intended.)

I’m still looking through the videos provided in the syllabus.