Week02

The most memorable part of last class was the hero’s journey. It was challenging because that was my first time build a story in five minutes. I started noticing something similar in all these stories, heroes from every time period were taking more or less the same journey. I found this was a circular journey, it started with call to Adventure, Hero left home and meet challenges and end with The Return Home. I think this way of storytelling was engaging, it could be applied to any of our design thinking. As a graphic designer, this step could help me understand a user’s experience and provide a better solution. Another memorable moment was to generate How Might We questions. We did a lot of brainstorms in our studio and I found HMW is the best way to help us create ideas from insights quickly. Although we do this so often, we still need to keep practicing how to frame a good HMW question. We don’t want to ask a question that’s too broad or too narrow, a good HMW question allows the right amount of creative freedom.

-Olivia