Week 10

Back at LCC, we presented our final iteration to our LCC team. This iteration animated their own drawings as the background – we felt it was the best way to incorporate their ideas and designs directly into the game. Students really enjoyed the new iteration – many asked, “Wait, is that my drawing?” We felt we had finally created something they could be proud to display; something that was all their own.

The meeting progressed, and soon Bolor and I felt the loss of control that often appears in our time together. Our team is so energetic and all friends, and sometimes this makes it hard to stay on topic. In order to allow the team a sense of responsibility, I decided that each of them might benefit by being placed into roles: a few Master of Ceremonies, illustrators, question-advisors, and so on. Akin to a binding contract, I had each student sign their name beside their chosen role. The students seemed to have a new sense of purpose within the creation and presentation of the game! We divided tasks that still needed to be done by role and gave deadlines for the next week.